CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 6, 2007

Viva la Mexico!

For those of you keeping up with the Osvaldo story, he called and checked in this week. This is the 4th time he's called since his family was deported to Mexico at the beginning of March. Everytime I pick up my phone and hear his voice I get a huge lump in my throat. Usually after I hang up the phone I get teared up. I think it's because I feel so helpless. It is a constant reminder that in the big scheme of things I can do nothing physically, BUT I can call upon the Lord on Osvaldo's behalf.. which is the most important.

His voice sounded weary. He is living in Durango with his mom and 3 younger siblings, one of which is a newborn. He has to be the man of the family because his dad is here in the states making money to send home. I asked him if he is happy. He didn't say much, I get the impression he isn't. They are still waiting for the date of his mom's hearing. I feel like he's losing some of the hope he had in the beginning.

The only thing keeping me from driving down to Mexico on the weekends is the fact that there is no male crazy enough to go with me. Apparently it's not a good idea for a single female to drive several hours across the Mexican border on her own. Ha. So... I have come up with a new plan. Or rather a dream. If Osvaldos' family is still in Mexico on September 13, his birthday, I am packing my things along with Luke and Ron and we are taking a road trip. Osvaldo has never seen the beach and Mazatlan is not far from Durango. So I'm starting my dreaming now. We are going to take Osvaldo and his little siblings to the beach for his 15th birthday. Some may say I'm completely out of my mind... just wait and see. In the mean time I ask that everyone pray for the Hernandez family by name. Ask for a miracle on their behalf.

Maria (mom)
Osvaldo (14 years old)
Lorena (9 y.o)
Jose Javier (4 y.o)
Ezekiel (6 months)