CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 21, 2007

I love enchiladas... and the people that make them.


Last Thursday night was awesome. One of the moms of our kids, Martha Estrada, decided to cook dinner for our Thursday night Rock Island time. I took her to Buy For Less at 5 to buy all the supplies. By 6 we were hard at work in the kitchen. She taught me how to make mexican rice and enchiladas. 3 hours later, at 9, the meal was ready. Mexican rice, mexican potatoes, cheese enchiladas and fried chicken legs. It was so yummy!

My favorite part of the evening was spending time in the kitchen with beautiful Martha and her sister Estela. They were so excited to show us their talent and feel like they were giving back to their church family. We laughed and cried and shared a meal together. A 26 year old mother of three who doesn't speak english and a 30 year old mother of 4 who doesn't speak english or read are some of my best friends and I love it! I think Jesus would be close friends with these women.

0 comments: