CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving.

Yesterday I was reflecting back on this year and all the things I am thankful for ( I know it's cliche, but it's true) Here are a couple of things that popped into my mind.

The staff and volunteers- Did you know that there are only technically 5 full time staff members at Cross & Crown? But if you walked in on any given day you would swear there are at least 40-50 people working there. That's because they are. We manage to run a full time food ministry, clothing ministry, legal, medical and eye clinic. We also have just begun a community development project with properties in the neighborhood along with multiple youth ministries, childrens programs, addiction recovery and Sunday worship services (just to name a few) We do ALL this with 5 full time staff. That's because there are hundreds of volunteers who CHOOSE to show up on a daily and weekly basis. We are so blessed. I am thankful for the other full time staff members. They all have been given specific gifts that make them amazing at their job. Every day I am reminded of how well the Lord has molded us together for His purpose.

The neighborhood- I am thankful for the women who cook us lunch every day just because they want to, the homeless men who pick up trash in our grass because they want it to look pretty, the men in the neighborhood who mow when the grass gets to high without even asking, and the kids who come bombard my car and shower me with hugs when I get to work every morning. I never take for granted the graciousness of all the precious people who live and love in our precious community.

I am so fulfilled at this point in my life. There are days when I am discouraged, but when I look back on all the many blessings and miracles from this year, I can't help but be excited about the future.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.
Psalm 91:1,2

0 comments: