CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 19, 2007

Is there such thing as normal?

People always ask.... "What is a normal day like at Cross and Crown?" I don't know what normal would look like, but here is my day today in a nutshell.... I will blog tomorrow and tell you about my day and then we will compare the two. It's an experiment... I'm not sure what normal looks like.

8:30 Arrived at work to see around a hundred people lined up around the block waiting to sign our food list
9:00 Made coffee with Ron for the spanish womens bible study... drank 2 cups of coffee myself
9:30 Began sewing some of the costumes for the neighborhood Christmas nativity.
10:30 Had prayer time with entire staff... laid hands on and prayed for one of our neighborhood women who is in the middle of leaving an abusive relationship. Prayed for her and her teenage son who are basically homeless.
11:00 Opened the door and let in about 150 people for thanksgiving baskets
11:30 Had an intervention with our first 16 year old "youth group prostitute". Confronted her about her behavior and prayed with her.
12:00 Carried 10 billion pounds of thanksgiving food up and down the Cross and Crown stairs (not really 10 billion... but close)
12:30 Called about 30 different people about Christmas adoptions
1:00 Ate Chille Rellenos with homemade tortillas, beans and rice made by one of the neighborhood women
2:00 Burned (and edited) CD's with a few of the Rock Island boys
3:00 Had elementary rehearsal for the Christmas nativity.
4:00 Played outside and ate snack with elementary kids
4:30 Unloaded 50 thanksgiving food baskets and 50 turkeys delivered by my church (Northchurch)
5:00 Sat on the curb and visited with neighbors
6:00 Drove home


I guess you could say today was normal. No major drama. My favorite part... sitting on the curb at the end of the day talking to neighbors.... My least favorite part.... I don't really have one. Today was good.

0 comments: