CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 3, 2007

The land of the free... but not if you're Mexican!

Many people have been writing me emails and little notes asking the same question, "what do you think about all this immigration stuff happening in Oklahoma?" They have been waiting patiently for me to blog about it and the waiting is over.

The truth is... I have nothing to say. I don't even read the papers anymore, because if I have to read one more comment from Senator Terril about how the goal of HB1804 is too make it impossible for Mexicans to live here, I'm going to lose my mind. Am I the only one that thinks the part of 1804 that says it is "illegal to transport or harbor illegal immigrants" sounds like the Holocaust?

I know literally hundreds of people that are living in fear. They stay locked up in their houses hiding in utter terror because they are being discriminated against. This is racism in it's most evident form. The only alternative our government is giving these families who have lived here for 20+ years is to go back to Mexico and live in absolute poverty, uproot their children (who are citizens) from our schools and take them back to a place that not only has ZERO education system, but has no access to medical care.

So basically, not only are we deporting parents, we are sending AMERICAN CITIZEN children back to live in a country where they have a high chance of dying from malnutrition, and if that doesn't get them, then the common cold or flu might... because they have no access to health care. And what about all the orphans that are going to come about from this? What about the families that are being torn apart? Senator Terril doesn't care about human beings, he cares about making a name for himself so that when he decides to run for a higher political office, everyone will know who he is.

I have never wanted to get political, but I just can't help it anymore. I've cried too many tears over this and lost too much sleep. I will pray for our government and leaders and hope that someone has the sense to stand up for these people. I also need to pray that the Lord will soften my heart towards all the people that are discrimating against my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ and who are preaching the message to MY CHILDREN that they are trash and don't DESERVE to live in the land of the free.



"So I will come near to you for judgment. I will be quick to testify against sorcerers, adulterers and perjurers, against those who defraud laborers of their wages, who oppress the widows and the fatherless, and DEPRIVE ALIENS OF JUSTICE, but do not fear me," says the LORD Almighty."
- Malachi 3:5-

2 comments:

Bill's Family said...

AMEN, Chandy!!! You are NOT the only one who thinks this sounds like the holocaust.

Well said.

Bonniebeewester said...

Great post, Chandy. Our little talk about this inspired me to pay closer attention to our local politics, as well what's going on nationally. You've opened my eyes to what has now become a major, dividing problem in Oklahoma. Keep the updates coming on what's going on with the kiddos at the Mission. Love ya!