CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

My uncle Scott.

Tonight something really amazing happened...but in order for you to understand how amazing it was.. I must take you back.

I have an uncle... his name is Scott. I remember praying for my uncle from the time I was a little child. ALWAYS. It was one of the automatics.. "Dear God, thank you for this day, thank you for my family, thank you for Jesus, please help uncle Scott..." My uncle had an alcohol problem. A serious alcohol problem. If you've ever had a loved one living addiction you know that you can't make the decision for them, they have to make it for themselves.. the hardest part was seeing how much my mom hurt for her brother. I remember writing him letters telling him how much I was praying for him. He was slowly drinking himself to death and didn't seem to care. It was painful to watch.

After 20 years of prayer and a divine intervention... my uncle decided to get help. When he decided to get help he called my mom. It took a few times for Scott to finally make the commitment, but when he did, Cross & Crown helped him pick up the pieces and get the help he needed. It has been amazing to watch the transformation in my uncle over the past 3 years. He has dedicated his life to Christ and is a completely new man. I'm so proud of him.

Tonight I saw the true evidence of his transformation and I saw his true heart. His pure heart. Some of my family was in town so we all went to my parents house for a cook-out. The doorbell rang and I went to open it. There at the door was my uncle Scott. I hadn't seen him since I resigned from my job. He knows how much I loved it and how hard this is for me. He just gave me the biggest hug and held on. Then the words came out of his mouth, "All these years you have been praying for me, now it's my time to pray for you" It's hard for me to imagine these words coming out of his mouth 5 years ago. But now it's so good to hear those words coming from him.

During this time in my life Scott is a constant reminder that God is a restorer of broken relationships, a mender of hurting hearts and a builder of torn down lives. I'm so happy to be a follower.

Here is a short video of Scott sharing his testimony months ago.


1 comments:

Ryan Marshall said...

That is awesome Chandy! Thank you for posting this. I have a close family member that is in rehab for the second time in three years. I am at a point were doubt is starting to set in if he will ever make it. I have waves of fear come over me that I am going to be a pallbearer at his funeral.

God thank you for hearing our prayers and for answering. Thank you for your redeeming love and for carrying Scott all these years.