CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 20, 2008

A new chapter in my story.













I've been wondering for about a week how I am going to write this blog...but I've come to the conclusion that no matter how much I think and pray about it, these words will not be easy. I'll cry as I type this...

I remember when I started at Cross and Crown a little over two years ago. I was a week out off college, living with my parents and confused about my future. I had a boyfriend who I thought I might marry and an exciting future ahead of me. I didn't know much, but I knew that I loved the kids in the neighborhood more than anything in the world and I had full intentions of being with them FOREVER.

Things have changed. I'm two years out of college, living on my own, broke up with the boyfriend........ AND....... I have been facing the hardest decision of my life for months now. Tomorrow I will meet with all my precious children and tell them that last week I turned my letter of resignation in at Cross & Crown. This week will be my last week there with them. How do I explain to them that I did promise I would be there forever but things have changed? I see adults promise those kids the world all the time and not follow through. I don't want to be one of those people. How do I explain to them that the last thing in the world I want to do is leave, but I just am? Where do I go from here?

I've been sick about this for some time now. No sleep and little food. (The only benefit of it all is the weight loss. Ha!) I don't have a safety net. I quit a job with no where to go and a mortgage and students loan payments and on and on. What am I thinking?

Here it is... I'm thinking that God knows how much I love every little soul in the C&C neighborhood. He knows that I would give my life for any one of those kids. My ministry won't stop now. I might not be lucky enough to have it as my full time job, but I will not stop spending time with those kids, having them at my house, and praying for them every day. No person can stop me from that. And when it comes to my finances I'm thinking that GOD IS GOOD. If I didn't trust Him in this storm then all the blogs, prayers and time with those kids meant nothing. This is my chance to live my life as an example and show them what it means to live out all the things I've been preaching to them. My God is "MIGHTY TO SAVE".


"The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

Chandy

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow, Chandy - what a difficult decision, one that I am sure could only have been made with His reassurance. I pray that wherever He leads you next, that you continue to be led in wisdom and I know His light will continue to shine in the darkness through you. Be blesses.

Bonniebeewester said...

I'm sad :(

Rex B. said...

Praying for you Chandy, been reading your blog for a long time, will be sad to see you go.

Are you going to continue to post? In honor of you we posted about Cross and Crown at our website. www.ProjectOKC.com

Thanks for all that you do in this city!