CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 1, 2008

"The right thing to do"-- Chandy

This week has been absolutely crazy for all of us. Without getting into too many details quite yet, it looks as if one or more of the staff members could be adding children to their households permanently. I really feel like we are at a time right now when we've got to DO what we SAY. I know that if I truly believe all the things I blog about then I must act. Sometimes there is a struggle between reason/logic and "the right thing to do". For my own personal life... I pray that "the right thing to do" always wins out. I think being able to FEEL if something is right or wrong is evidence of spiritual discernment. Some people may call me crazy... but aren't we called as Christians to look crazy sometimes. Look at the disciples.. a lot of people back in the day thought they were insane. So I leave this short blog with two great quotes and a scripture.

- "Suffering isn't hard to come by, it's a prouct of sacrifice." (J. Paravane)


- "It is very important for us to realize that love, to be true, has to hurt. I must be willing to give whatever it takes not to harm other people and, in fact, to do good to them. This requires that I am willing to give until it hurts. Otherwise there is not true love in me, and I bring injustice, not peace, to those around me." (Mother Teresa)


- "Anyone who sets himself up as "religious" by talking a good game is self-deceived. This kind of religion is hot air and only hot air. Real religion, the kind that passes muster before God the Father, is this: Reach out to the homeless and loveless in their plight, and guard against corruption from the godless world." (James 1:26-27 The Message)

1 comments:

Esther said...

um, yes. talk about crazy? I went to harvest fest this past weekend, and random people ask how I've been doing-- and I honestly just want to say- bringing in heaven- healing the sick, casting out demons. The group that came from Georgia do this stuff in their spare time! Yes, talk about crazy! ;)